1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cucumber chopped
1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
2 heaping handfuls of green beans cut in 1/2
4 sliced radishes
1/4 cup chopped dill
1/4 cup chopped (roasted) almonds
1/4 cup feta – Optional
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 lemon
sea salt to taste
pepper to taste
– Chop veggies. Add to bowl, except green beans.
– In a pot, bring water to a boil or simmer, add green beans for 1 minute. Drain and immediately add to ice water.
– Add blanched green beans to bowl of veggies.
– Mix in dill and dressing. Stir.
– Top with almonds and feta (optional). YUM!
THAI PEANUT KALE SALAD (Vegan & Gluten Free)
1 bunch kale (stemmed and chopped)
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup peanuts
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup sesame seed oil
1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 lime juiced
1″ minced ginger
2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
– Add chopped kale in a large bowl. Place to side.
– Make dressing. Add everything into a small mixing bowl. Whisk together.
– Pour half of the dressing on kale and massage for about 2 minutes.
– Top salad with remainder of ingredients. Drizzle more dressing on top if you desire or save for later. (I used the rest of the dressing to marinate my husbands chicken).
I often get asked if I like ice cream. Um, DUH! But, there is a price to pay when I eat dairy. ( I won’t bore you with details) I also don’t like to buy it from the store because of all the additives/preservatives. So here I am. It took me a few tries to get it right, but when my husband and all the kiddos I had over this weekend give me the stamp of approval, I decided to post it!
1 can light coconut milk
1/2 can coconut milk
1 cup soaked cashews ( 6+ hours)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2- 1 cup of maple syrup ( depending on how sweet you like it)
dash of sea salt
enjoy life chocolate chips, fruit, cookies etc.
– In high powered blender, add everything but toppings and blend for 1-2 minutes on high.
– Add into your ice-cream maker until it gets to the consistency you like it. Add in the toppings at the very end or leave plain and add when serving.